8/13/2010

Wahl Clip N Trim 2 Blade In 1 (21-Piece Kit)





I bought this for a bit more at Walmart becuase I needed it asap. My hair grows back at an

incredible rate and if I don't trim it within 2-3 weeks, it looks BAD. This model featured a Powerdrive system that's supposedly more powerful at cutting thick hair more smoothly.

It also sports this special detail trimmer that pops out and attaches to the trimmer blade like a silencer for a rifle. The only difference is that it makes 3 times more noise than the regular trimmer. It was so loud I couldn't stand it buzzing next to my ear. I tried oiling it to no avail, it's just very noisy and vibrates a lot. The regular trimmer is just like the old Wahl I had. In fact this trimmer looks and feels JUST like the old Wahl I had from the mid 90s. I didn't feel any difference in how smoothly it cut - it just got really hot really quickly. But it's new and it has a 5 year warranty. It would pay for itself in the 3rd or 4th haircut at home. UPDATE: After the 3rd cutting, the trimmer appears to be slightly quieter and doesn't get as hot. I oiled the blades and made sure it was clean. The small trimmer attachment got a bit quieter but I found that if I just wear earplugs I can handle the noise. No Big deal at all. The hair trimmer already paid for itself and I'm getting really nice and clean haircuts by myself. UPDATE: After about the 10th use, the longer trimmer guides vibrate and the smaller "fuzz hair" adapter vibrates right off of the main trimmer body. It still cuts great for such an inexpensive trimmer. It does the job of an industrial strength trimmer and after about 3 haircuts, it pays for itself. I can pretty much get a brand new trimmer set each year and still save over going to a hair salon/barber shop. My hairstyle isn't complicated: Guide #4 for the top, Guide #1 for the sides. High and tight. I see no reason to pay a barber ten dollars to do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment